Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cricket Wireless Doesn't Suck After All

To my utter shock I actually got a live body with Cricket wireless on the phone. Not only an actual person but local to boot. It seems that Cricket's local corporate store actually has a person that has some contact and oversight of the Cricket wireless franchise stores. She even seemed to care about the damage being done to the company's reputation.

I am happy to report that we came to an agreement. I paid $60 ($5 more than I agreed to pay the franchise store to flash the LG8600), and they provided a Samsung flip phone (not as nice or as durable as the 8600). Again, not perfect, but acceptable.

Then this morning I got a call from Cricket's main office to chat about my issues with the Franchisee. He credited my account for 1 months free service on all three phones. In addition and more importantly to me, he is passing the the information down the line to the guy who handles the indirect dealers.

The lesson that I am taking away from this experience is that I will make sure that I am doing business with Cricket's "corporate" from now on. They have a vested interest in making sure you are treated properly. After all they are the ones shelling out millions in advertising to establish their brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment