Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cricket Wireless Sucks Rant!

Just thought I would put out the word to avoid Cricket Wireless like the plague! They have the worst customer service of any cell company I have ever dealt with. That is saying a lot considering I have had Sprint and AT&T!I just finished a 42 minute wait on hold to speak to an actual human in "customer service" (insert derisive eye rolling and chuckle here).

So here is the background. Around Christmas we opened an account for the wife and my two teenage girls. It seems like a decent deal for the unlimited everything plan. Never mind the nickle and diming nature of getting set up with Cricket, as well as the overpriced phones they offer.

Now my youngest damaged her phone. Totally her fault. Instead of shelling out a bunk of money for another new phone I decided that I would just take one of my LG 8600 phones from my business that I have as a backup in case my Blackberry goes down, and have it flashed for Cricket service. Well to start with I am told that to do it they are going to charge me $40 plus $15 line fee, for a total of $55. Sounded a little overpriced but I said fine. Well they can't do it right now, but I can leave it with them and when the manager returns with the proper cables, they will do it and then give me a call.

Three days later, no call. My wife stops in to pick up the phone and pay for the service. Oops, they can't locate the phone. Seems Ty (the fired employee) stole several phones. Now they said they would give my kid their cheapest refurb (garbage phone) and only charge us $20 plus the $15 activation fee. I am thinking no it should be a refurb of equal quality. Well now I have to talk to the manager, who, by chance is not there. Oh, and you can't call her because the location does not have a phone.

Tried to call Cricket and found out that despite the very prominent CRICKET WIRELESS sign, it is actually independently owned (franchise). However, unlike any other franchise, there is no one to take your case too in the event that the franchisee acts like a total "TOOL"! I am amazed that a company spending millions of dollars to build a brand has no mechanism to regulate and protect the brand from the actions of the franchisee.

So now I prepare to slep back down to the Cricket hovel on 7th street to again do battle! Do yourself a favor and avoid the drama. Avoid Cricket Wireless like the BLACK DEATH!

No comments:

Post a Comment