Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Planning For Your Maternity Photo Shoot


Sheduling:

If you are having a maternity portrait session then I advise you to book about your session for about 8 weeks (32 weeks) before your due date.

If you have decided to do this last minute and you are already past that date then please contact me I will make every effort to fit you into any openings I have.


Shot preparations:

On the day of the shoot make sure you have something to eat and try to avoid tight clothing that may leave elastic marks on your skin. If it is not too uncomfortable then I recommend you leave your bra off for at lease an hour before we start. If this is too uncomfortable then I can airbrush out any strap marks during processing; your comfort is the most important thing.


Clothing:

I recommend plain clothing with no logos. We want to emphasize your beautiful shape and busy clothes can be distracting. Bring several outfits both light and dark. I recommend a couple of tank tops one white one black. You should also plan on some casual pants that show off your wonderful baby-belly. A pair of non-panel jeans also makes for some great shots.

I always take the time before each session to discuss the sort of portrait that you want to have before we start. Some mums-to-be want to celebrate their bump fully clothed and others are happy to go for a more "Demi Moore" type session.

However you chose to be photographed, the end result will be a beautiful piece of art that will celebrate the wonderful nine month journey that you are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment