Monday, June 9, 2008

Rough Night At The Theater


Talk about at tough shoot! Stage lighting has to be the worst light to shoot in. I shot both the afternoon and evening show, about 1000 images. I tried just about everything to get better exposures, but in the end was done in byu the stage lights. The best I could get was 1/125 @ f2.8 with an ISO of 1600. The color noise is pretty dramatic. Even after cleaning up they still are a little rough for my taste.
Thankfully we are booking an evening appointment to shoot some more promo shots for the studio. I look forward to having control of the lighting.
The performance itself was excellent. On Your Toes School of Dance always puts on a great show. As does their Zap group. Having compared them to several other groups in the area, I would say they're top of the heap. Their website is www.oytdance.com in case you want to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment